May 5, 2010

Early Mother's Day at Hola! Espana

In search for Paella yesterday here in Cebu, I hit the internet and searched for spanish cuisine restaurants and stumbled by the name Hola! Espana. I was so eager about it and asked the mother to go with me after the Visayan Educational Supply trip to find those rubber stamps but failed :( yet harbored a few things that made me happy, but still disappointed nonetheless.

So we headed for The Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu.





The interior was cozy and welcoming. I really haven't been to a lot of fine-dining restos, and being in one makes me a little out of place sometimes. Haha.


There's a separate room where they incase all their wine selections.




I picked the spot across the mosaic wall because it caught my eye.


What? No spoons? Uh-oh. Not seeing spoons in the table is something I'm not accustomed to, except when it's a boodle fight or a kamayan feast. :P


Complimentary bread and butter.


My recent favorite and craving, Paella Valenciana. Oh how I love you.

This is the second time I tried paella, the first one was of Alba's at Dia del Libro, and I will still vote for Alba as my favorite among the two. I really will visit Alba one of these days and have their other versions of paella.

Hola Espana's Paella was also good tasting and the aroma was really good when they served it hot on your table. The rice wasn't that sticky and the squid was also missing (there were countable squid tentacles though), the eggs were good addition though. Is there a paella with fish on it? I'd love to try that.

Overall, their Paella Valenciana was fairly good and satisfying for a price of, I believe it was 680php (I forgot, lol.), and it's good for 2-3 persons. We also ordered their Mango Shake and Iced Tea for our beverage, mine was iced tea and it was okay. The mother had the mango shake and she said it wasn't that tasty though that she asked for sugar. Maybe I will come back to Hola! Espana in the future, specially when I need a quick fix of paella whenever I'm in Cebu.




And to the mother, Happy Mother's Day! I love you.

See you on my next food adventure.

Omnomnomnom,
Mai

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Huwaw! Foods look so yummy!

clarence said...

wow! nice place and nice photos. =]

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails