May 19, 2010

Jumalon Butterfly Sanctuary

During my Cebu vacation early this month, I was finally able to visit the Jumalon Butterfly Sanctuary after reading so much about it and getting my attention -- and it was near our house!! I've been through Cebu every year and I haven't even stumbled to the place.


The place was quite hidden, it'll take an effort to locate the place. It's a simple house with a wide area for a garden. The place was run by Dr. Jumalon's daughter (I'm terrible at remembering names) and they have cute and playful dogs!


Stepping into the place was an instant whoa. It felt like there was an instant shift from the busy world then you enter into this place where it's purely nature and beauty.



Dr. Jumalon was a beautiful mind. He started so young on his fascination on butterflies and it grew bigger and bigger through the years. He is internationally acclaimed for his expertise on butterflies.










We arrived there late in the afternoon already, Ms. Jumalon told us that the butterflies were asleep at such time and the weather was also too hot that the butterflies are not too active. :( I was a bit disappointed because I was hoping to see lots of them.


Amazing, yes?











The tour was very informative and fun. You'll be amazed of how a genius and an artist Dr. Jumalon was. It was a well worth visit. :) I will go visit it again in the soonest time possible and hopefully I will be able to see more butterflies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails