April 3, 2010

Holy Week

My Holy Week didn't feel so holy week-ish until last Thursday morning when I stumbled by a tweet that mentioned an online retreat. Flashbacks from my senior college year's retreat came into mind. It was kind of heartbreaking -- how the reflection timely fitted my current state. I'm thankful for it though, it made me feel a bit better, a little relieved from the week's stress and frustrations. I learned the 3 F's: Fight, Flight and Forgiveness. I was on the flight track but I chose forgiveness.

Let me share one of the prayer advices I've read:

"Sometimes, we do not understand why others would hurt us, even though we loved them very much. Maybe it is true that the ones that we love the most have the most power to hurt us. It is just human for you to question things and feel hurt, but only then we will realize the real lessons we have to learn. And maybe, at the end, we will really know how to forgive and to give unconditional love."
After coming home from work on a Good Friday, we went to Lagro like we usually do every year. It's a surprise how the population decreased this year, it was unlike other holy weeks I've experienced -- maybe because holy week activities have changed over the years, and the younger generations prefer partying on a holy week than getting a quiet time to spend with the Lord or doing Visita Iglesia.


We had to hire a jeep to take us there since the car was broken and no auto shops were open to get the parts it needed. It was fun. I like taking jeepney rides despite the pollution and the noise. The whole family being there made it more fun, maingay sobra.

And I think I'm actually starting to look like a boy already. =/


Moving jeep on a traffic-free Commonwealth road + camwhoring = BLURRED PICTURES. :))


The tires got busted when we got into Pasig Bridge on our way home. HELLO PICTURES.


All okay now! It was a good chance to take a c5-thumbs-up picture. :)) It was sort of embarrassing but the heck.

I hope everyone had a good, peaceful and blessed God-centered Holy Week. Regular programming resumes tomorrow for everyone and work again on Monday (BOO.)

Happy Easter everyone!!

ETA: Here's to hoping for a good April (it's my month!) ^__^~

1 comments:

Unknown said...

happy easter! nyahhah ang saya2X!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails