June 27, 2010

The Original Singapore Chicken Rice Cubao

We tried The Original Singapore Chicken Rice in Cubao before Juanes left for Thailand. We were heading to Mogwai at CubaoX that night but decided to stop by here to have dinner.





The place looks like a usual fastfood chain.






We ordered their White Chicken Rice meal. *nomnomnom*


The chicken looks good already. I can almost taste it from here. I haven't really experienced how the authentic Chicken Rice from Singapore tastes like but what this local place can offer -- I already like it! How much more the one from Singapore?


It goes together with the hainanese sauce which is (I think) is a ginger + chili combination. I'm not really the condiment/sauce person so I don't know how it tasted with the chicken.

Eating in action. Yum! As you can see, I am really enjoying the meal I'm having, not only because I was really hungry that time but I was really liking the food.

FACT TIME: Hainanese chicken rice is a dish of Chinese origin most commonly associated with Malaysian cuisine and Singaporean cuisine, although it is also commonly sold in neighbouring Thailand, and found in Hainan, China itself. It is based on the well-known Hainanese dish called Wenchang chicken (文昌雞). So-called due to its roots in Hainan cuisine and its adoption by the Hainanese overseas Chinese population in the Nanyang area (present-day Southeast Asia), the version found in the Malaysia region combines elements of Hainanese and Cantonese cuisines along with culinary preferences in the Southeast Asian region. [Thanks Wikipedia, I nee something to fill up this space. LOL.]

I believe White Chicken rice is also synonymous to Hainanese Chicken Rice.
I'm a rice person and reading about stuffs like this and tasting as well really gets my attention. I'm hoping to visit Singapore and other SEA countries that serves Hainanese Chicken and taste all of them! Haha. 


We also had Dinosaur, which I really liked. We think it's a Milo shake topped with Milo powder. :P I tried making it at home and it was a WIN!


And of course, good eating times are best shared with good friends! What else.

2 comments:

Boffill said...

I like the way they prepare and present the food to their customers but I didn't really like the taste of their food. Maybe I'm not really used to Singaporean taste but yeah, I just don't like it. I always pass by this restaurant before when I was still in Manila. My ex-gf's Mom brought a food from them and that's how I got a chance to taste their food.

Anonymous said...

yeah...i was experiencing that way too, till i got hooked on their singapore adobo and satay....you must try them again since you are always pass by..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails