June 24, 2010

Bloggers Night at O'sonho, Eastwood

Last June 21, we joined the Bloggers Night that was coordinated by Sir Azrael at O'sonho restaurant in Eastwood City. It was our first time to join such gathering of bloggers (food bloggers, mostly), it still felt a little weary because you're around these people who have been doing it altogether for a while and you're the new ones in the group -- everyone knows the feeling of being the newcomer in class. We really had a good time though, and yeah, a very full stomach.


O'sonho means 'the dreams' in Portuguese. Hence the tag, taste the dream!



Located in Eastwood City, O'sonho has this fresh, classy vibe to a restaurant.


I particularly love the walls at O'sonho...


And the stripes too! :D




First, we were served with drinks. I forgot the name of what I had, but I think it had something to do with Rocky Road. :P Bi-eep had Calamansi juice.


Choriḉou Sisig -- O'sonho's take on this Filipino classic. (P210)
I know right? I never really imagined chorizo --> sisig. I skipped this one because I'm not really a fan of chorizo, except Cebu's chorizos.


Peri Peri Chicken Pasta – Olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes and herb based dressing tossed with tagliatelle noodles. Light, healthy and oh-so-delicious. (P310)

I really have no idea whatsoever on the Portuguese cuisine so I was going from tabularasa to slight amusement upon seeing the sisig and then pasta. Italian cuisine comes into mind first when pasta is involved and oh, I like the sound of tagliatelle noodles. :P
But when I had a taste of the Peri Peri pasta, then I understood how the Portuguese are so passionate with their spices.

FACT TIME: Piri piri, Pili pili or is the name used in Mozambique to describe the African bird's-eye chili. The variations in spelling derive from the various pronunciations of the word in parts of Africa, although "Piri piri" is the correct spelling in Portuguese. -Wikipedia

Now you have an idea why it's called the Peri Peri Chicken Pasta. :P The hint of spiciness blended well with the pasta, olive oil and tomatoes.


Whole Roast Peri Peri Chicken good for 3 to 4 people; allow approximately 30-45 minutes for cooking; choice of mild, medium or hot (P720)
I really liked this one. *insert nomnom sounds here* I'm not sure which variety we had, but I really liked the taste of it! It becomes really distinctive whenever a real spice is used instead of just chili powder because the flavor really infuses within the meat. *WAITWHAT, is this me talking?!?* Haha.


And then I heard 'paella'. If you are really following my stream of posts, you're probably aware of my budding paella obsession. *facepalms*

Todos Paella de Carne (All Meat Paella) – a heavenly mix of bacon, beef, chicken, lamb and chourico, carefully spiced and specially cooked to satisfy the most demanding meat craving. Good for 2 persons. Allow 30 minutes for paella perfection. (P480)

Sadly, there were no more of the 'all meat' when the paella reached our table. :( And another sadly, I didn't really liked it much. I'd still go for the authentic Spanish paella anytime. But tasting various kinds of paella really gets me because I get to compare them by resto or by variety. I wish there's a paid job for doing that!


Moving on to Deserts!!! :D This was the fun part!

If I am right, these two are the Tres Leches (P220). The inside was a fluffy doughnut-like bread covered in sweet custard and the other one, in white chocolate (if i'm not wrong) laced with chocolate syrup and topped with scrapes or white chocolate. It was really soft, I tell you! :))



Almond Sansrival (P220) -- The sansrival didn't really sparked up anything in me. The pecan nuts all over the cake was good but I like the creamy-type sansrival. This one was good, but the inside was a little dry for me.


Now this one, the Java Toblerone Mousse (P180). It was all chocolatey goodness. Heck it was overwhelming with sweetness but I really liked it. There wasn't really much special in it, but its chocolate-filled. I rest my case.




Feels like going back to colonial times.




Try O'sonho and have a taste of the dream. :)

P.S. The owner was there to accomodate everyone and he was really friendly but I wasn't able to get his name. Thanks though, Mr. O'sonho owner!

7 comments:

Dom Casas said...

Hey thanks.. I enjoyed reading your post.


learn java

chrrrmaine said...

@Dokiemon

thanks! :]

Anonymous said...

great post! i love the colors, saturations, composition and everything! and ofcourse the food!
peri peri chicken is just superb! found the choco cake a lil to sweet tho.. :)

Boffill said...

Wow. Nice. I hope there's gonna be an event like this here in Cebu.

Azrael Coladilla said...

awww gaganda ng mga food shots!

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

nice shots! keep it up!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

this is not real portuguse food

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails