March 29, 2010

Chocolate Appreciation 101 @ Heavenly Chocolates

I WAS TRANSPORTED INTO A NEW DIMENSION OF CHOCOLATE. Yes, I think that statement is very much fitting after attending the Chocolate Appreciation 101 at Heavenly Chocolates.

I remember doing a research paper on Chocolates when I was in college (ikr.) but the satisfaction never equaled as to what I got from the workshop. :D Thanks to Heavenly Chocolates, Ms. Marga Manlapig and Spot.ph for such a great workshop for chocoholics like us. Nothing beats a good knowledge on something you really like.


We got there late. Good thing they were still talking about the history of Chocolate when we came in.





Ms. Marga talking about chocolates and the wonders of it.

Yes, it much feels like floating while I was in there. Not only for the lack of sleep but it was of so much chocolate love overflowing in me. I was literally giddy.

I learned quite a bunch of new things about chocolate during the workshop. Just like how Venezuela has the best chocolate bars and Ghana for the best cacao beans.

And my favorite part came in! Tasting!! Haha. First up was the hot chocolate made from the Ecuador variety. Ha. I feel so proud of myself that whenever I talk about chocolate now is that I can talk about varieties and not just chocolates in general. Then we sampled another variety of hot chocolate which was a little stronger in taste but has a mild aftertaste unlike the Ecuador. Also discussed was how the chocolate is processed beginning from the beans

Too bad I didn't have pictures of the Lavender Buds! They were awesome and the smell was relaxing. Ms. Marga said that it's a good thing to use in aromatherapy for those who are stressed and depressed. I guess I need more Lavender, yes?


Then the Sachi Nama came into the picture -- I almost forgot everything else. Truly standIt was that literal melt-in-your-mouth goodness. We were able to taste the Coffee and Dark Choco variety. It was love in an instant. I think I will be naming a future pet, Sachi. :))


Sachi Nama comes in variants such as milk, dark, strawberry, champagne, coffee, and green tea, to name a few. I bought myself a dark chocolate sachi nama and the migraine went uphill. Uh-oh.


Then the ganache and truffles also came, I was so torn. The truffle was painfully good. I saw myself doing those reactions like in those food/cooking anime shows just like this one \/ \/ \/

*facepalms* What a shame. :3

The workshop lasted for an hour but it was an experience of a lifetime. I already felt lucky for being able to taste those Nama Chocolates! :D If you want to try one, Nama Chocolates are offered at Heavenly Chocolates as well as other chocolate goodness.





Heavenly Chocolates can be found at Roces Center, 127 Roces Avenue, Quezon City near Tomas Morato. Store hours are from 1pm to 10pm.

1 comments:

Marga K. Manlapig said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the workshop! We hope you'll be able to join us for the one next month because I'll be doing a double demo for rose-infused milk chocolate truffles and classic French mendiant discs with almonds. :) Cheers!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails